Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting A New Chapter

If you didn't read my blog post about "Indecisions," you might want to read it before diving into this one.  I wrote about how I was facing a major decision in my life.  If you follow me on Facebook, you already know what the decision was and the outcome.

After much prayer and consideration, I applied to Grad School.  I am pursing my Master's degree in School Counseling from Harding University.  Harding is located in Searcy, AR but has a satellite campus in Bentonville which will be convenient for me.  The classes are one night a month on campus and the remainder will be online.  Harding refers to this as Hybrid Classes (partial classroom/online).

I am very excited about this new chapter in my life that begins in two weeks.  I have always said if I had the opportunity to earn my Master's Degree, I would like to be a counselor and help kids.  God had confirmed to me that I am headed in the right direction!  I want His perfect will for me and His favor when I am finished and qualified.

My biggest concern personally is juggling all I have to do, but with God's help, I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.  I just keep telling myself...."This is a season."  It will be worth the sacrifice.

So if you have a spare minute, or if you think of me in the early morning or late night hours, say a quick prayer for me.  Those will be my "peak" study times.  I would greatly appreciate it!

I will keep you updated on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment