Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Time

This is the first summer in several years that I have had a complete summer break.  When I left teaching to adopt Mitchell, I worked for the church and had to work in the summertime.  So when I went back to work full time at the High School last year, I was excited about the thought of the summer off.

Because of all the snow, we have a short summer break this year, but I am totally happy with it!!!  With my A-type personality, I created a long list of things I wanted to accomplish during the summer.  I have gotten some things on the list finished and still have lots more to go.

We are currently on vacation in Colorado and when we return, I have one week and then back to school.  I am sure my to do list will not be complete (which drives an A-type crazy), but at least some things were accomplished and I had the privilege to spend lots of time with my kids. 

When I look at the "big picture" that's what really matters.  My daughter will be graduating in three short years and my little guy will grow up faster than I want.  I hope they will have great memories of summer fun with their parents on vacation, sleeping in, swimming, hanging out with friends, and living in a happy home.  That's the big picture....not how clean my closets are, not how well mopped the floors appear, not my crazy A-type demands.

I can't change my personality, but I am trying to enjoy the little things and realize it will be over before I blink and then I can clean my closets and mop my floors everyday if I want.  My kids are growing up too quickly.

So for now, my plan is to enjoy Summer Time!  I LOVE being a teacher! What a great occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment