Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Life of a Rubber Band

As I was cooking last night and thinking about things that are currently happening in my life, I had a "mental pic" of a rubber band.  The purpose of a rubber band is to stretch to fit to hold things together. 

Lately, I feel like a rubber band....God is stretching me!  I am currently teaching an Adult Sunday School class called "Crazy Love" based on Francis Chan's book.  I am also teaching a Ladies Bible Study on Wednesday nights entitled "Radical" by David Platt.  These two books/series have created a "STRETCH" in my life for numerous reasons:

1.  The material in both series are very similar about how Christians ought to live out their faith.  It is not the norm, either.  It's a radical, get out of your comfort zone, and be all that Jesus told you to be kind of message.  That's a stretch for me.

2.  I am not very confident in myself when it comes to teaching adults.  I teach teenagers all day long, and it's a natural process for me.  They are very forgiving.  Adults are another story...but I am finding they are forgiving too and are as hungry for God to move in their lives as I am.   Again....another stretch.

3.  Finally, I feel like I am on a new spiritual journey, so to speak.  God is doing something new, fresh, and exciting in my life.  I think we all reach points where we feel we have become comfortable and need to be stretched spiritually.  So that's where I am.  I am so loving being in the Word, listening to His voice, and seeking His face.  It's an awesome experience.

So if you haven't been "stretched" in a while, I challenge you to pick up a copy of "Crazy Love" and/or "Radical" and see what God has for you.  It's changing our church!!!! 

To God be all glory, praise, and honor~
Krystal

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check it out! Thanks for posting your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete